My French Album
This morning I went through my French album on Flickr. I have collected picture there from 4 trips to France starting with 2013. I wanted to see if my photography has developed. Yes, it has.
Here is why:
- In 2013 I shot almost everything from landscapes to food to houses. The collection was not a collection of my best pictures, it also contained places I wanted to remember. I deleted them on Flickr. I can store them elsewhere. A good idea could be to print these pictures.
- My focus in photography are people. This is my main interest. Even when I take a picture of a landscape, I think that this landscape is more interesting if there are people in it. One is probably better at anything that one loves. Later I focused much more on people and my picture got more exciting.
- I have collected more skills in people photography than in any other genre. I read books, did online workshops, analyzed pictures and so on. I have developed taste and I know criteria when a picture is good. This makes my people photography better than my food pictures or landscape pictures.
- In the pictures of 2015 I applied techniques that I’ve learned. This can be seen and it bettered my pictures.
- Document your journey and review it from time to time.
- Focus on your life topics. One cannot be a master in everything.
- Learn techniques. Enlarge with this your possiblilities to express yourself visually.
This morning I deleted a lot of pictures on Flickr. This was not easy. Only 5 pictures from 2013 in the album ‚France‘ survived this. About 7 pictures of 2014 are still up. The rest had to go. Less is more. I could also delete a lot of pictures from 2015. Yet the more distance I have the easier it is to let go.